Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reunion Dinner

13 February 2010

We had our reunion dinner for CNY at my Uncle Eric's house. The menu was steamboat with a single soup base which is chicken soup. we bought all sorts of ingredient for the steamboat - scallops, fish, chicken, beef, vegetarian "meat/fish" balls (for Mommy), lots of green vege and some other stuff.

The dinner started at around 8pm. Like the rest of Chinese in Malaysia, we did the official activity of CNY - Lou Sang. As usual, we had the vegetarian Lou Sang (Mommy is vegetarian mah :).





To be honest, I had nothing to do during the dinner because there was nothing that I can eat. I looked at the food and moved my mouth hoping that someone was kind enough to put something in it, but to my much disappointment, I was not given anything :(.

I thought it could not be any worse, but I was so wrong! With nothing to eat, I was forced to be the source of entertainment. I was passed around and was given 2 tambourines to play with.

Looking at the food, how I wished that my 2 tambourines were doughnuts instead!





I saw that all my cousins were having a good time. They were even caught toasting.





Even my Ah Ma and Ah Koh (auntie) were having great time.




After dinner, we all gathered for some family photos. Again, I was "puppet-ed" around :). What a Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Gong Xi!





No comments: